Wednesday 24 September 2014

Green, everywhere

Started working up the equipment trying to keep each piece distinctly different and try to add a little variation. I used various Vallejo colours here as well as several tones from the excellent Lifecolor US uniform sets.




Interestingly, I have been told by an ex-Recon Marine that the buttpack wasn't usually carried in this position, but higher up, and I should be adding more gear to the rucksack frame. I have to agree, it doesn't really make sense for this guy to be wearing this frame with very little attached to it, yet carrying a rucksack over his shoulder.

Adding more equipment obviously means covering up all of that strapping I have just finished but it does make a lot of sense. I have a 2 quart water bladder from Bravo 6 which fits the bill here I think so will add that in next and continue to work up the uniform.

2 comments: